Farmer Jaffe Weissing sexual abuse attorney Adam Horowitz filed a lawsuit this week on behalf of a young adult female alleging that she was sexually battered in July 2014 by the driver of a van who was responsible for transporting her from a correctional facility in Miami-Dade toward Citrus County, Florida. The alleged perpetrator, JORGE VELA, was employed as a driver by US CORRECTIONS LLC. US CORRECTIONS LLC is in the business of transporting prisoners and inmates nationwide between correctional facilities,
The Complaint alleges as follows:
* During her transport, the victim was restrained with wrist and ankle shackles as wekk as an additional waist chain the operated as a seat belt. Upon entering the van, the driver JORGE VELA insisted that the victim sit in the front of the van and told her she was “beautiful and I want to watch you.”
* VELA pleaded with the victim to have sexual intercourse with him.
* VELA placed his hand under the woman’s shirt and bra and caressed and groped her breasts while she was in shackles.
* On another occasion, VELA caressed her buttocks, thighs, and vaginal area under the guise of a “pat-down.”
* VELA repeatedly made lewd and sexual remarks to the victim during the trip.
* At the conclusion of the trip, VELA left the victim with an envelope on which he wrote his name, telephone number, and email address.
Our attorneys are experienced in handling lawsuits involving sexual battery, If you or someone you know has been a victim of sexual battery or child sexual abuse, please contact our law firm at 855-700-PATH or send an e-mail to sexual abuse attorney Adam Horowitz at [email protected] Farmer Jaffe Weissing handles sexual abuse cases nationwide.